Company and Role Description:
DarcMatter (DM) is a global fintech platform that streamlines the capital raising process for asset managers and provides investors with transparent and direct access to funds in the asset management industry.
DM’s mission is to enhance capital flow through FinTech to create transparency and efficiency by providing direct access to funds in the Asset Management industry for Accredited Investors, Advisors, and Asset Managers globally. We believe with our diligent focus on unifying traditional financial investment practices with innovative technology, we will consistently create value through/of cost and time savings for our clients.
We strive to continuously provide added value tools through the DM Platform to enable a more transparent investment process for investors and a more efficient capital raise process for Asset Managers, delivering superior results for our stakeholders.
DM is seeking a highly experienced and qualified professional with significant success in selling investment products and financial services to spearhead DM’s Investments & Distributions team, which is focused on hedge fund, private equity and venture capital products. Candidates should be highly self-motivated and have a proven track record of investment product sales from sourcing new investor / advisor relationships through closing on investment deals.
The candidate will interact directly with investors on the DM platform and manage activity from prospecting to closing. The candidate will also identify new investment opportunities with institutional investors, advisors and family offices.
The role requires outreach and prospecting to develop investor relationships, setting up meetings between portfolio managers and interested investors, assertive follow-up to move the prospect along and closing.
Significant bonus earning for demonstrated sales processes that assertively lead an investor to a close.
Responsibilities for Managing Director – Investments and Distribution
- Interacting with investors through the phone or platform tools to introduce specific fund opportunities and engage with the goal of closing specific investments
- Develop expertise in the investment needs and objectives of institutional and private investors. Build strong relationships with individuals at varying levels at each investor firm.
- Proactively add value and improve the investor’s perception of the DarcMatter platform and the fund products available on it
- Define, measure, and grow investor accounts each quarter. This will include weekly to monthly calls, emails, and conference calls to ensure progress in growing the relationship.
- Identify key fund manager opportunities for investors and take it from marketing to closing
- Contribute articles for the company’s various publications
- Work cross-functionally with other teams in DarcMatter including our technical team to provide feedback on improving platform features
- Work closely with C-level management for hiring and strategic efforts on improving business function as well as overall business success
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5+ years financial services sales experience
- Bachelor degree is required from an accredited college
- Entrepreneur and self-starter. Can create and execute specific strategies to achieve discrete and clear KPIs
- Attributable and strong sales results, Significant AUM numbers, deliver based on pre-identified quotas
- Mature and confident with strong interpersonal skills and a true team player.
- Must be extremely effective at initiating high-level contacts and have strong presentation skills to close the sale
Competitive salary + equity, commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter to “email@example.com” using the subject line: “Managing Director- I&D”