Company and Role Description:
DarcMatter (DM) is a global fintech platform that streamlines the capital raising process for asset managers and provides investors with transparent and direct access to funds in the asset management industry.
DM’s mission is to enhance capital flow through FinTech to create transparency and efficiency by providing direct access to funds in the Asset Management industry for Accredited Investors, Advisors, and Asset Managers globally. We believe with our diligent focus on unifying traditional financial investment practices with innovative technology, we will consistently create value through/of cost and time savings for our clients.
We strive to continuously provide added value tools through the DM Platform to enable a more transparent investment process for investors and a more efficient capital raise process for Asset Managers, delivering superior results for our stakeholders.
This role will be focused on growing DarcMatter’s business in China. The Head of China Business Development will be responsible for establishing relationships and securing partnerships with institutional investors in China who are interesting in Alternative Investments (hedge fund, venture capital, and private equity) in the United States. At a fast growing FinTech company with strong presence in the U.S., you will work closely with senior management to help grow our business in China and provide investors with access to U.S. investment opportunities.
Responsibilities for the Head of China – Business Development:
- Identify, secure, and manage partnerships with Chinese institutional investors (ie: family offices, asset/ wealth managers, etc) who will use the DarcMatter platform to invest in U.S. Alternative Assets (hedge fund, venture capital, private equity).
- Work cross-functionally with the DarcMatter market development, technology, and marketing teams in New York to create and execute on strategies for China growth.
- Educate Chinese investors and wealth managers on the importance of Alternative Investments and global diversification via conferences, seminars, etc in order to establish DarcMatter as a recognized market leader in China.
- Form a local team in China to secure new business and manage relationships in order to better understand the investment needs of our clientele.
- Plugged into and able to effectively navigate the Chinese fintech regulatory environment.
- Revenue oversight and budget management for Chinese market.
- Ability to travel to the United States.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of work experience, preferably in business development or partnership management. 5+ years of work experience in China.
- Robust network of contacts and deep understanding of China’s financial/ wealth management industry.
- Strong leadership skills with proven track record of leading a team to grow a business.
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Bilingual Chinese and English/ native Chinese
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including comfort with ambiguity, with conviction and ability to execute.
- Located or able to relocate or travel often to DarcMatter’s Shanghai headquarters.
- Bachelor degree in a business-related field is required from an accredited college.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Prior work experience in U.S./ Europe financial markets
Competitive salary + equity, commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter to “firstname.lastname@example.org” using the subject line: “Head of China – Position of Interest”