Company and Role Description:
DarcMatter (DM) is a global fintech platform that streamlines the capital raising process for asset managers and provides investors with transparent and direct access to funds in the asset management industry.
DM’s mission is to enhance capital flow through FinTech to create transparency and efficiency by providing direct access to funds in the Asset Management industry for Accredited Investors, Advisors, and Asset Managers globally. We believe with our diligent focus on unifying traditional financial investment practices with innovative technology, we will consistently create value through/of cost and time savings for our clients.
We strive to continuously provide added value tools through the DM Platform to enable a more transparent investment process for investors and a more efficient capital raise process for Asset Managers, delivering superior results for our stakeholders.
We are seeking a Senior Level self-starter with demonstrated success in Business to Business Sales within alternative assets and financial services. Primary responsibilities include identifying contacts, securing leads, and developing relationships with Fund Managers/Firms who are actively raising capital for private alternative investment opportunities. Primary Sales targets include the world’s top tier and middle tier hedge funds, private equity, and venture capital firms, looking for ways to efficiently raise capital and diversify their investor base. Though not the primary focus, this role may also include driving sales via financial intermediaries including banks, broker/dealers, independent financial advisors, RIAs, retirement platforms, insurance companies and asset managers.
Responsibilities for the Director of Sales – Asset Manager Sales & Marketing:
- Continuously engage in sales efforts and identify Asset Managers, GPs, and firms, actively raising capital through private fund structures, including hedge funds, private equity, venture capital and potentially other fund of fund investment strategies.
- Identify potential clients and partners within Asset Management, based on fund/firm criteria provided to capture sales opportunities, implement improved sales strategies and tactics to increase the speed of the sales cycle and close transactions.
- Effectively pitch the DM Business and platform attributes to attract potential clientele with extensive prospecting via phone, field sales calls, in person meetings, and referrals to create self-generated sales activity.
- Account management and relationship management required to provide top-notch service to DM Clients.
- Assist in outbound call campaigns to promote product offerings or follow up on interest in product offerings.
- Work with the product development team on demand assessments, marketing materials, etc.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- BS / BA degree required; MBA/CFA Preferred.
- Completion of Series 7 and 63 is a plus (will be required to pass once hired)
- Completion of or progress toward CFA/CAIA is a plus but not required
- Excellent communication and listening skills (verbal and written)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Significant Sales Experience, SaaS/B2B sales experience preferred
- Excitement and enthusiasm to be a part of a growing FinTech business
- Excellent sales skills specific to creating and building relationships
- Demonstrated track record of success, including established relationships
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and organized
- Thorough understanding of Financial Services industry, familiarity or experience in Asset Management and FinTech preferred
- Experience working within startup companies or structures preferred
- Collaborative team player and go-getter mentality, self-motivated, ability to execute tactical sales plans
Competitive salary + equity, commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter to “email@example.com” using the subject line: “Director of Sales – Asset Manager Sales & Marketing”