Last week the DarcMatter team traveled to the West Coast for Opal’s Family Office & Private Wealth Management Forum and FounderWorld.
Opal’s Family Office & Private Wealth Management at Napa Valley
Sang H. Lee, CEO & founder of DarcMatter, spoke on the “New Look Investment Styles and Strategies For Your Family Office Portfolio” panel alongside esteemed panelists such as Gregory Malin (CEO of Troon Pacific, Inc.), Chad Naylor (CEO & CIO of Naylor & Company Investments, LLC), Ian Formigle (VP of Investments at CrowdStreet), and S. Michael Sury (Chairman at INDORUS Holdings LLP). The panel focused on topics such as the growing role of SaaS in online investing for family offices and institutions, the role of alternative investments, and how to access best-in-class deals; it was definitely interesting to hear perspectives from asset managers as well as SaaS/online platforms. During the span of this 2-day conference, various topics were discussed, such as alternative investments, impact investing, emerging markets, investing in technology, risk management, and direct investing. Sharing our insights into the future of investing using technology, it was great not only to connect with SFOs, MFOs, and asset managers, but also to share our vision of how DarcMatter is transforming and bringing transparency to the asset management industry today.
- Technology is and will continue to play a big role in deal sourcing for family offices and investors, especially as millennials start taking over the family business
- Alternative investments (private equity, hedge funds, venture capital, real estate, real assets, etc) provide greater diversification and are increasingly being incorporated by family offices
- Due to their combination of yield and stability, real assets such as collectibles are being sought after by investors
- Private companies are staying private for much longer than in the past
- Asset managers are increasingly looking for new technologies to streamline reporting and investor relations
- As technology plays an ever important role in financial services, cybersecurity will become a priority for family offices and other allocators
FounderWorld at San Francisco
The very same week, DarcMatter also stopped by FounderWorld in San Francisco to share DarcMatter’s technology with the startup scene there. Hosted by F50, DarcMatter had the opportunity to share how the platform is changing the way asset managers communicate, access, and engage with investors using technology. Thank you FounderWorld for giving us the opportunity to speak alongside Tim Draper, Guy Kawasaki, and other great venture capitalists and entrepreneurs!
DarcMatter is a technology platform providing enhanced capital connectivity between issuers and investors in the alternative investment space. Visit DarcMatter.com to start raising capital or get transparent access to alternative investment opportunities.Visit DarcMatter